Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sorting Saturday-Time Capsule-Help! Do You Know What This Is?

I'm really stumped on this one.  Does anyone know what this might be?  At first I thought it might be a garter but it's a strip, no elastic.



Here are links to the other posts in this series as well as a couple of related articles:

The Time Capsule
First Steps
The Time Capsule's Top Layer
Part 2
Teacher's Certificate
Teacher's Certificate #2
Baby Shoes
Sewing Anyone?
Help! Do You Know What This Is?
Frances' Necklace
A Bottle of???
Embroidery
More Stuff To Sort
Doilies
Pictures, Announcements, etc.
Dress
Pictures, Announcements, etc.
Preserving the Time Capsule
Sorting Saturday - The Time Capsule is Sorted. What I learned.
COG-Scrapbooking Your Family History! Frances Lowe
Treasure Chest Thursday-You Are My Treasures

© 2010, copyright Michelle Goodrum

5 comments:

  1. Going out on a limb here. It looks similar to something I have. I have a bonnet (used during my baptism) that converted into a handkerchief to be used on my wedding day. I will dig it out and write a blog post about it within a few days. Be on the lookout at http://genblogjulie.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be a small tie back for kitchen curtains?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorene and Julie, Thanks for the input as I have no ideas. Julie, I'll keep my eyes open for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It serves as an insert under a V-necked sweater. The top end is pinned at whatever height you feel is fashionable. The bottom is tucked in. Once in place it supposed to look like a blouse under the sweater. Some are adorned with buttons or ribbons to dress it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, Dorene and Nan, Thank you so much for your suggestions. I have been having fun trying out my "item" as a tie back for kitchen curtains, as an insert for under a sweater (it would be perfect for that even today, especially with some buttons added) and visualizing it as a bonnet (I don't want to take it apart).

    Thanks for the post on your blog Julie. The picture really helped.

    ReplyDelete