Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sorting Saturday-Time Capsule-Baby Shoes

Today we move on to the next layer of my great grandmother Frances Lowe's suitecase that has been dubbed the "Time Capsule."  Here's a glimpse of what's coming.

Today we're taking a look at a pair of sweet baby shoes.

Since little baby feet tend to grow rapidly, I'm guessing the original occupant of these shoes didn't have a chance to wear them very many times.  They are in mint condition.  I don't know much of anything about these things but the lace/piping makes me wonder if they were for a little girl.

At any rate, Frances had 3 sons. So I'm wondering if these cute little shoes might have belonged to Frances herself.  At least that's what I'd like to think for now.

Here are links to the other posts in this series as well as a couple of related articles:

The Time Capsule
First Steps
The Time Capsule's Top Layer
Part 2
Teacher's Certificate
Teacher's Certificate #2
Baby Shoes
Sewing Anyone?
Help! Do You Know What This Is?
Frances' Necklace
A Bottle of???
Embroidery
More Stuff To Sort
Doilies
Pictures, Announcements, etc.
Dress
Pictures, Announcements, etc.
Preserving the Time Capsule
Sorting Saturday - The Time Capsule is Sorted. What I learned.
COG-Scrapbooking Your Family History! Frances Lowe
Treasure Chest Thursday-You Are My Treasures

© 2010, copyright Michelle Goodrum

3 comments:

  1. So enjoying watching you unpack the time capsule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thought was that upon getting pregnant the 3rd time she was hoping for a girl...maybe bought them during her pregnancy and then upon having another boy she put them away for her first grand daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, I am glad you are enjoying the process. I am too :)

    Mary, This is a great theory! It hadn't even occurred to me.

    ReplyDelete