Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sorting Saturday - Time Capsule - Pictures, Announcements, etc.

Last Saturday, I wrote about all the the photographs, birth, marriage, graduation and other announcements in great grandmother, Frances Lowe's Time Capsule. I was in a bit over my head with some of them since I didn't have a clue who some of those folks were. Happily, I had great results this week from some of the older members of the family who were able to not only identify most of those people, but also add some interesting stories and tidbits.

So I've been busy this week with scanning, emailing and entering data into my genealogy data base (stories too). The pictures and other items are all in acid free, lignin free and PAT passed envelopes. The envelopes are appropriately labelled and filed in a similar quality box.

Now I'm printing off the emails and trying to figure out a way to get them saved on my computer (all of my emails are "in the cloud").

Next week, I'll write about properly storing the physical items from the Time Capsule. That has been a more challenging part of this project.

Here are links to the other posts in this series as well as a couple of related articles:

The Time Capsule
First Steps
The Time Capsule's Top Layer
Part 2
Teacher's Certificate
Teacher's Certificate #2
Baby Shoes
Sewing Anyone?
Help! Do You Know What This Is?
Frances' Necklace
A Bottle of???
Embroidery
More Stuff To Sort
Doilies
Pictures, Announcements, etc.
Dress
Pictures, Announcements, etc.
Preserving the Time Capsule
Sorting Saturday - The Time Capsule is Sorted. What I learned.
COG-Scrapbooking Your Family History! Frances Lowe
Treasure Chest Thursday-You Are My Treasures

© 2010, copyright Michelle Goodrum

1 comment:

  1. This is just the coolest thing ever! How very lucky you are!!! I took a long drive yesterday to go to my mother's and I was thinking of taking pictures of everything I consider to be a "heritage item" and putting the photos into an album with explanations. You've doubled my motivation now! Thank you for posting so diligently!!

    ReplyDelete