Thursday, July 1, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday-Time Capsule-Embroidery

Apparently Frances enjoyed embroidery. More on that in a future post. There is also a bag of various colored embroidery thread which I haven't included here.



Unfortunately there is no published or copyright date so I have no idea how old this little book is, other than that it is older than 1964 when Frances died.

 
Here are links to the other posts in this series as well as a couple of related articles:

The Time Capsule
First Steps
The Time Capsule's Top Layer
Part 2
Teacher's Certificate
Teacher's Certificate #2
Baby Shoes
Sewing Anyone?
Help! Do You Know What This Is?
Frances' Necklace
A Bottle of???
Embroidery
More Stuff To Sort
Doilies
Pictures, Announcements, etc.
Dress
Pictures, Announcements, etc.
Preserving the Time Capsule
Sorting Saturday - The Time Capsule is Sorted. What I learned.
COG-Scrapbooking Your Family History! Frances Lowe
Treasure Chest Thursday-You Are My Treasures

© 2010, copyright Michelle Goodrum

3 comments:

  1. Both of my grandmothers did embroidery. I gave it a try back in the day, but arthritis in my hands have prevented it of late. Your little booklet looks very interesting....I would love to have a look inside to see what special stitches are featured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think the booklet had special meaning to her. You are so lucky to have this chest, and I'm enjoying your series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky finds, and it's like christmas right?

    I suppose the book contains the stiches etc, just a little reminder now and then. Or a color chart of numbers.

    ReplyDelete