Friday, June 4, 2010

A Local Genealogy Society Meeting

This week I had the pleasure of attending the May meeting of the Family History Society of Arizona’a East Valley Chapter. I have been a member for more years than I can remember and used to regularly attend meetings. Due to “family activities” in recent years (spelled “softball” and “music lessons” among other things), I have been unable to attend meetings for a very long time. There were a couple of faces I remember but for the most part it was a new group for me. It was great to be back and meet some more people who share a common passion.


At the start of the meeting, I was asked to share something I had learned at the NGS conference so I did a quick presentation on Google Alerts.

One of several highlights of the evening was getting to meet, in person, fellow GeneaBlogger, Mary of Me and My Ancestors. She had contacted me about finding a society to become involved with since we live in the same area.

I don’t know about you, but whenever I go to a genealogy conference or meeting, I come home with this adrenaline rush that takes several hours to come down from. The other evening was no different. It must be the equivalent of a runner’s high.


© 2010, copyright Michelle Goodrum

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that you went to a genealogy meeting and met another GenaBlogger. I hope you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete