Monday, February 6, 2012

RootsTech - The Pictoral Version

Since I'm still recovering from two weeks of intensive and exhausting genealogy learning, here's the photo version of RootsTech. The wordy version is still to come.

The first person I ran into in the exhibit hall was none other than Becky Wiseman of Kinnexions. We had lunch together and ran into each other in one of the sessions. I felt fortunate to be able to spend time with Becky and get to know her better. She's one of my genealogy, travelling, photography heros!


Next along came the author of Stardust 'n' Roots, aka GeneaPopPop. We also ran into each other in a session and had some time to visit.


Tim Firkowski, The Genealogy Assistant, was regularly seen out and about in his costumes.


Thomas MacEntee, Mr. GeneaBlogger himself, was wearing his mardi gras beads on Saturday. Those things are truly world travellers by now!

It was a joy to meet Down Under blogger, Jill Ball, of the Geniaus blog. It was her contest that I won which gave me free RootsTech registration. She is a doll and I loved her presentation. More on that later.

Then there was the media hub. If you wanted to meet up with a blogger, it was definitely the place to be.



© 2012, copyright Michelle Goodrum

2 comments:

  1. Michelle. I'm so pleased you won my free registration to Rootstech and that you enjoyed the conference. It was great to meet in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully our paths will cross again in the not too distant future :)

      Delete