Sunday, February 19, 2012

21COFH - Family Emergency - Week 8

I am sorry to report that I do not have a project for this week. Our family is in the midst of a crisis that we need to deal with. Our beloved Family Dog mysteriously went from 100mph to stuck in the mud over the course of about 3 days. After much angst and medical tests, we were informed that he has lung cancer that appears to metastasized from elsewhere. We are all feeling like we have been sucker punched, including our poor canine friend. It's all the more difficult with the kids off at college and trying to help them understand.

We have another veterinary appointment soon and I image we will be making some very difficult decisions in the days to come. I appreciate your patience.

We will get back to our 21st Century Organized Family Historian Project soon but for now we need to circle the wagons and take care of each other.

So for this week, if there's a previous project you would like to work on, now is the time! Perhaps that inventory needs more work, you have another album needing rescue, or your digital gadgets have once again accumulated images that need to be transferred and organized.

Prayers and warm thoughts are appreciated.

URL for this post: http://turning-of-generations.blogspot.com/2012/02/21cofh-family-emergency-week-8.html

© 2012, copyright Michelle Goodrum

8 comments:

  1. Ah, Michelle, I am so sorry to hear this. Sending all the prayers and puppy hugs we can. Sending a huge hunk of strength for you and family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear this, Michelle. It's a very difficult thing to deal with -- pet illness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is difficult because our pets become family members. We just went through two weeks of our cats illness, surgery and a revelation that we will have to be giving her Rx daily for the rest of her life. It is difficult.

    This off week should give malingers, such as me, time to get busy and get caught up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. I'm really sorry to hear this. You and your family (human and canine alike) are definitely in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle,
    My thoughts are with you and your family. My family is all too familiar with the heartache. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for your family. I lost a dog while in college and it was so hard to not be there for the end. You and your family are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers and BIG hugs go out to you, D, J and S. Losing our beloved pets is SO gut wrenching!!! We fall in love with them...and forget that their life span is shorter than ours, so we endure the grief ... over and over.... for the joy they bring while they're here.
    Know that you all were loving and devoted caretakers and your pet will get the very best from you. And don't let anyone tell you that dogs DON'T go to heaven... they DO !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just catching up Michelle. I am so sorry to hear of your dog's illness. Back in 2008 we lost our beloved cat and dog within 6 weeks of each other. The smallest beings in the house leave the biggest gaps. We now have Alfie, our rather personality full and much loved Border Terrier (he makes a regular appearance at Anglers Rest) but despite this we often think of Monty and Lily. I know the last week or so will have been tough and you and your family are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete