Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A New Sibling - 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History

My earliest memory is that of Sibling arriving home from the hospital after being born. I would have been around two and a half. My grandparents were staying with me. I remember going into my room, the one with the flowered curtains, flopping down on my bed, picking at the flowers on my bedspread and wishing my mommy would come home. I remember being rather distressed.

Being that it was a fairly nice day (historical weather data bears out my memories), my bedroom window was open and I heard a car drive into the driveway. I would've had to stand on something to see out my bedroom window and I can't recall what that was but it's possible I crawled in my cradle and stood up on that. By the time I looked out the window, my mom was getting out of the car with this little bundle in her arms. Naturally I was very excited. After all my mommy was home!

Later I remember getting my first look at Sibling and Mom telling me to be very careful.

Amy Coffin's series, 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History is a series of blogging prompts that "invite genealogists and others to record memories and insights about their own lives for future descendants."

© 2011, copyright Michelle Goodrum

1 comment:

  1. I was almost 7 when my brother was born. I remember wanting a sister so, so badly and when my dad arrived at the school while I was eating lunch to tell me I had a baby brother, I stuck my tongue out and said "YUCK". Funny what we remember :-)

    ReplyDelete