Monday, September 26, 2011

Lima Beans and Peas - 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & Family History

My parents made me eat them anyway. Gagging notwithstanding. Didn't matter if I waited until they were stone cold and Mom had cleaned up dinner and the family was enjoying the nightly TV show. I had to eat them.

Today, I love lima beans. I also love fresh peas picked right off the vine and eaten on the spot. Mmmmm... Cooked peas, they're OK.

Amy Coffin's series, 52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History is a series of blogging prompts that "invite genealogists and others to record memories and insights about their own lives for future descendants."
© 2011, copyright Michelle Goodrum

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved lima beans and peas, my kids do to - the husband is afraid of both lima beans and peas! He has not yet reached your level of maturity to try them again as an adult.

    ReplyDelete