Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Do you want your family history related e-mails to reside in the "cloud," on your computer, or both?
- If they are to live on your computer, what format will they take? PDF? TXT? Or another format?
- How will they be organized?
- For e-mails living in your e-mail program (gmail, yahoo, etc.), how are you going to organizing them. Or will you?
- What about attachments? How will you handle those?
- Is this a very important e-mail? Perhaps it needs to reside in several places. Use the LOCKSS principle where appropriate. (LOCKSS = Lots Of Copies Keeps Stuff Safe)
Remember you don't need to get all of your email cleaned up this week. Just get a system going, if you haven't already, and make some progress.
Questions? Comments? Blog posts of your own? You know what to do!
Now go out and conquer. Any progress is good progress.
Check back tomorrow for my approach.
URL for this post: http://turning-of-generations.blogspot.com/2012/09/21cofh-e-mail-week-39.html
© 2012, copyright Michelle Goodrum