Monday, February 15, 2010

Winter 2010 Geneabloggers Games

Well, I've decided to take the plunge and participate in the Winter 2010 Geneabloggers Games.

I plan on participating and medalling in 4 of the 6 categories.  If I have time, I'll attempt the other 2 as well.

1. Go Back and Cite Your Sources!

I am going to attempt at least a Bronze medal by going back and correctly citing 10 sources.  When I changed genealogy programs a few years back, some of the citations didn't transfer over.  I've been slowly going in and re-adding the missing ones.  There's plenty of work to be done in this area.

2.  Organize Your Research!

I am shooting for a Gold medal on this one by completing at least 3 of the organizing tasks.

3.  Write, write, write!

Since the whole purpose of my blog is to write, I figure I might as well go for Gold and complete 3 of the tasks.

4.  Reach Out and Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness!

It's time for a little payback after all the help I've received over the years.  I'm attempting a Bronze but I can see myself getting wrapped up in this one.  So who knows....

So, I've designed my flag which is a combination of the American, New Zealand and Greek flags.  American for my country of which I am proud.  New Zealand because I really would like to go there some day.  Their flag also includes Great Britian which is a country I also am enthralled with.  To me the Southern Cross on their flag is calling me to visit the southern hemisphere.  Finally, the Greek flag because I visited Greece a few years ago and was drawn in by the ancient history that is everywhere.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Michelle. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. How are the NIGS courses going? Best wishes! We lived in Tucson for eleven years (1983-1994) - hated to leave, but the job was in Kansas! ;-)

    Do set some time aside to work on those ancestor stories! They are important to get recorded and share!

    Keep these ancestor stories coming!

    Bill ;-)

    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill - I have been loving the National Institute of Genealogical Studies courses. They have really helped with my research and writing skills.

    Some of these last few courses look to be rather challenging which I am looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete