Sunday, January 22, 2012

21COFH - Week 4 - Set up a Work Area

Much of what we will be doing from here forward will involve handling photos of all types, slides, documents, and heirlooms so we will need an area where we can work and return to.

This week's project is to set up or designate such an area.

For those of you who don't have a space to dedicate for these projects, due to small living area or living the mobile lifestyle, you will have to get a bit more creative. Perhaps designating a space where you will work and then having a box or tote for supplies that you can take out each time you work on your projects.

Tell us about your work space or how you plan to utilize one either in the comments or a post of your own (be sure to leave the url in the comments).

Since I will be at the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy this week, I will not be leaving a separate post. I have designated our dining room table as my work area, since we probably won't be using it to dine again until Thanksgiving. It's almost ready to go.

Good luck!

© 2012, copyright Michelle Goodrum

6 comments:

  1. Here is my post about my work area

    http://anglersrest.blogspot.com/2012/01/21st-century-organised-family-historian_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just getting ready and wrote of how I wanted to scan and move things to DVD's and I came upon your post.

    I am getting ready to go.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. My genealogy area is part of our family desk. We created a new built in desk area last year in our guest bedroom closet. This is one of the reasons I am participating in 21COFH. I have limited space and need to be on top of my genealogy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm already pretty organized but ready to learn more and better ways to do things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work at home and currently use a spare room as my office (when it's not needed for guests), but by the end of the work day and work week, I don't want to sit in there anymore :) When I work on genealogy, I like to sit at the dining room table so I can spread out if I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tana and Carol tried, believe we flunked.

    http://www.reflectionsfromthefence.com/2012/01/work-area-21st-century-organized-family.html

    ReplyDelete