Monday, July 25, 2011

What Are We?

This is the question I got from Youngest Child a few months ago. When I responded that we are American, she was not satisfied. She wanted other countries. So in response to Sheri Fenley's idea, here are some pie charts showing what we are. There is a nifty tool over at Kid's Zone for this. Pay attention Dear Children!

I went back through mine and Husband's great great grandparents to depict their places of birth. Dear Children, your pie chart at the end will show through your great great great grandparents. In a word, we are Mutts! Someday, when I have a little extra time, I will extend some of the lines that end in a US state to the country of origin. For now you will have to be satisfied with your 3rd great grandparents.

Starting with myself (Mom)

What Dad is:

What you are:



Once we go back a couple more generations, you will be able to add more French as well as Irish and probably Scotch, Welch and who knows what else. Stay tuned...

© 2011, copyright Michelle Goodrum

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,

    I really like this idea. My children are also often asking "What are We?" This is a great way to draw their interest to the family history (always a challenge). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete