Wednesday, July 6, 2011

An Aerial Tour of the Cascade Peaks - Wordless Wednesday

The past several months I have made numerous trips to the family home to finalize the downsizing efforts. I finally figured out that if I keep my camera handy, I can get some incredible pictures of the mountain peaks of the Cascades as we approach Seattle (weather permitting that is).

This week I present Mt. Rainier. If you look closely at the first picture you can see Mt. Hood in the background.

Taken on the morning of June 14 flying into Seattle from Eastern Washington.

Also taken the morning of June 14th.


Taken the evening of June 20th from the west as we departed Seattle.

 © 2011, copyright Michelle Goodrum

4 comments:

  1. She has been out in all of her glory the last few days. I don't care how many times I see that mountain, I still gasp when I see it. And yesterday you could see Mt. Baker from Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi, I feel the same way. I love taking pictures of Rainier from wherever I happen to be.

    It must be super clear skies right now. I wish I was there. Some of us are heading for Eugene for college orientation. I am hoping to get some good mountain pictures, if I sat on the correct side of the plane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mount Rainier has always taken my breath away! Amazing photos, thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete