Wednesday, April 4, 2012

FAN Club & the Arnett-Fullen House, Boulder, Colorado

Are you familiar with the FAN Club principle? Investigate the Friends, Associates and Neighbors of your ancestors. Recently I discovered a new member of my ancestor Daniel A. Robinson's FAN Club: Williamette Arnett. The Arnett name keeps appearing among the associates of my ancestors in Boulder, Colorado so I decided to investigate further. This led to a fun and interesting adventure.

While at the Carnegie Library in Boulder, I asked for a document relating to Willamette's father, Anthony. This started a conversation with the librarian. She told me about the house Willamette built and the interesting story behind it. Then she said I just had to go by and see the house, so I did.

The Arnett-Fullen house, built in 1877 by Willamette Arnett, is on the National Register of Historic Places. The story on the Arnett-Fullen House website really is interesting.

The current owners went to great lengths to restore the tower to its original multicolored slate.
I just love the weathervane horses.

The original stepping block used to board a carriage or horse is still in front of the house. I like to think Daniel came by to visit and used this very step.
This is just the beginning of my investigation of Daniel Robinson's FAN Club. I wonder where my investigation of the Arnetts will lead.

URL for this post: http://turning-of-generations.blogspot.com/2012/04/fan-club-arnett-fullen-house-boulder.html

© 2012, copyright Michelle Goodrum

2 comments:

  1. I am looking for a fiction book written about a girl who lived in the Arnett-Fullen house, looked in a mirror in one of the bedrooms on the second floor and was taken back to the 1800's. I owned the book several years ago and it has since been lost and I would love to find another copy of it.
    Is there someone who is familiar with this book, I do not remember the title or the author, but I believe the author was in Boulder
    loy@solm8.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of a book like that but I certainly will keep my eyes open and ask around. Sounds like a book I would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete