Monday, July 18, 2011

Just When I Thought I Could Come Up For Air...

...my computer decided to have major problems. Problems of the kind that have caused me to decide to start using a different one. You know, I thought I had a week or so to actually catch up on some things, including a few blog posts. It looks like it's not to be.

Fortunately, Youngest Child just got a new laptop for college, so I'm taking over her old one.

Unfortunately, it needs a new CD/DVD drive so the new setup is going to take a little extra effort.

I may not be around much for a little while...

© 2011, copyright Michelle Goodrum

4 comments:

  1. Take a DEEP breath. You have just made me rearrange my "to do" list.
    Thanks for the prod.
    One woman's problem is another one's red flag.
    Backup time tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What type of computer do you use?
    What type did your daughter leave behind?
    What type are you thinking about buying to replace your old one?
    You mean there wasn't one in the family basement? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine was an HP with a VISTA operating system. Youngest Child's was an Asus with Windows 7 and a bigger hard drive than mine.

    I'm taking over her old one.

    The one from the Family Basement died years ago (I think it had one of the first Windows operating systmes). I personally disposed of it after removing and smashing the hard drive to smitherines ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah... I also had one of those hand cranked computers that arrived in several holstein decorated boxes .. (no retail store) It was a Gateway 2000. I milked it for all it was worth.

    ReplyDelete