Monday, June 11, 2012

Inventories - Weeks 23 & 24

This is actually Week 24 of our 21COFH project. It looks a week slipped by on us somewhere. Don't think about it too hard like I did or it will make your head hurt!

We are in the season of genealogy conferences which means we are accumulating book purchases, syllabi and conference recordings (especially those of us who haven't been able to attend the conferences we would like to). For the next 2 weeks, let's get our inventories up to date (or create one).

Personally, I have inventories for:
  1. Genealogy Books (LibraryThing)
  2. Audio lecture recordings (Excel)
  3. Webinars and video recordings (Excel)
Eventually, I'll put together an inventory of lecture notes and syllabi.

Today I updated the audio lecture recordings since I would like to order some lectures from NGS in Cincinatti. It's a good thing because I almost ordered one I already have!

The next project is to update LibraryThing for the books purchased at the Mesa Family History Expo and RootsTech.

Do you have inventories for those genealogy items you use often or don't want to make duplicate purchases of? What tools do you (or will you) use? Tell us about it in the comments or in a blog post of your own (remember to leave a url in the comments).

Good luck!

© 2012, copyright Michelle Goodrum

No comments:

Post a Comment