For my FHL researching needs:
- Research plan for my Ballinger family.
- List of books to copy pages from.
- Laptop and "periphery".
- Flash drive to copy documents to instead of having to print them out. I have enough stuff to tote back and forth without having to add a bunch of papers this trip.
- Camera. I'm going to try taking photos of book pages and maybe even of microfilm this trip. We'll see how it works out.
- FHL copy card. I think I still have some money left on it from the last trip.
- Healthy snacks.
- Paper, pens, pencils, folder or two.
- Yellow sheet of paper to aid in reading films
- A list of books I already own so that I hopefully won't purchase any duplicates.
- Clothing such as jackets/sweaters so I can dress in layers.
- More healthy snacks.
- Some really comfortable walking shoes.
- Copies of Janet Hovorka's excellent articles with suggestions on where to eat. Hmm, there seems to be a food theme emerging here.
- Maps of the area so I can find those yummy restaurants.
- Great attitude and mental preparation to meet lots of new people. After all, isn't that half the fun?
I'm sure there are some things I haven't thought of. I still have a few days to figure it out.
© 2010, copyright Michelle Goodrum