Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wordless Wednesday - Javelina Alert

Teenager walked in the family room earlier this week and said she thought she saw a javelina disappear behind a bush out back of  the house. I grabbed my camera and headed up on the deck. It turns out there was a whole family out for a late afternoon walk! Javelina are regulars around here although this particular family is usually seen very early in the morning.






This one seemed to be watching over...






Mom and her two babies.


© 2010, copyright Michelle Goodrum

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you wrote some words to this, because I have never heard of a Javelina. Thanks for a bit of education.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at Javelina. Never heard of or seen one before. My learning curve has been enhanced this a.m. Thanks Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures and such a treat for those of us who don't get to see javelinas! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the photos. I saw one up close once, but it was in the dark. Now I get to see what was running past our car in Sedona.

    ReplyDelete