|Thanks to fM for the poster.|
My plan is to find and prove the identify of the parents of my gg grandfather, William H. Ballinger, who was living with his wife Lucinda and their children in Black Oak, Mahaska County, Iowa in 1856.
I've been struggling with this for several years now and I've finally got enough information together to come up with a hypothesis. So 2011 is going to be the year I answer the question. Here's the plan.
Condensed version of known facts
- Living in Adams Twp., Mahaska Co, IA 1854 (IA State Census).
- Living in Black Oak, Mahaska Co., IA 1856 (IA State Census).
- Associated with John F., Samuel and Jeremiah Ballinger by proximity and business/land transactions (deeds, land maps, census records).
John F. and Catherine Ballinger were William's parents.
- Investigate Ballingers in Mahaska County, Iowa will and probate records. I will be pulling all Ballingers that show up in order to identify or eliminate people.
- Finish transcribing, plotting and analyzing land records for Ballingers in Mahaska County.
I have prepared a list of films that will need to be ordered from the Family History Library in order to carry out my research strategy.
This should keep me busy for quite a while. Thanks Jasia for prompting me to come up with a formal plan to accomplish this goal that has been in the works for a long time!