Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Genea-Angel Award


Susan Peterson of  Long Lost Relatives wrote the following on her blog several weeks ago:
I've noticed that many blogs carry a variety of awards and recognitions, so I thought it might be fun to provide a Genea-Angel award. It's a simple way of paying it forward - to recognize those people who have aided in your research, provided insight or otherwise given you inspiration and guidance in your family history journey. The recipient of the Genea-Angel award may display the image on their blog or web site if they choose.
Barbara Poole, of Life From The Roots and Flowers From My Area was the first recipient of the Genea-Angel award, if I'm not mistaken. Early in October, I was one of the recipients of her award. It's so nice to be thought of as an angel by someone :)

There are 3 people I would like to recognize as my Genea-Angels:

Amy Coffin at We Tree gave me that little bit of encouragement I needed to start a blog when I met her at Thomas MacEntee's "Become A Genealogy Blog User" presentation at the Mesa Family History Expo in January. I had been thinking about it for quite some time and after my conversation with Amy I went home and took the plunge. Blogging has been a life changing experience for me. Thank you Amy!

Carol at Reflections From the Fence,  and Reflections Flora and Fauna is another of my Genea-Angels. She has been a very encouraging blogger but more importantly she loves photography as I do. Not only does she write about genealogy but she posts her beautiful photographs of whatever tickles her fancy. I have found myself doing the same. The really cool thing is that not only am I taking more photographs in general but I am looking for those photo ops whenever I am out and about. Better yet, I am getting to know my camera better because I have been messing with the settings to see how it affects my pictures. All the better for making family memories or whatever happens to tickle my fancy. Thanks Carol for the inspiration!

Miriam over at Ancestories is another of my Genea-Angels. She wrote one of her Follow Friday posts about this blog. It couldn't have come at a better time. After about nine months of blogging, I'd been thinking that it might be time to try some new and different things. So it was rejuvenating to have that post come out. Once things settle down with our crazy fall activities here at home, I'm looking forward to trying some new things here at Turning of Generations.

Tell us who are your Genea-Angels.

© 2010, copyright Michelle Goodrum

4 comments:

  1. You are so sweet. Thank you! I am so glad you bought what I was selling that day, lol. Genealogy blogging is so rewarding. I've enjoyed reading yours. Thanks again for the award. I hope together we can encourage others to become genealogy bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH, My! I am not sure what to say, other than the obvious, thank you for your kind words. (Add a blush or two. It is rather humbling to be mentioned in this kind of company.)

    But, I am tickled pink (or how about purple, my fav color) that I may have inspired you just a little to start taking more photos.

    Soon, you will be saying to your friends, "I may forget my purse, but, I don't go anywhere without my camera!"

    Just like Carol does! LOL

    Thank you again, and keep up the good work, I so enjoy your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices Michelle, and I'm glad you Payed It Forward times 3. When I received it from Susan, I was in shock, and didn't do anything with it for a long time. I'm glad it is out there being shared. We all love your blog as well. I didn't know you met Amy, lucky, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words, Michelle. They are encouraging, especially since lately I've had neither the time nor the energy to do much blogging myself.

    ReplyDelete