Thursday, August 18, 2011

On The Outside Looking In - Treasure Chest Thursday



One of the last things we found tucked away in the Family Home was our childhood rocking horse. I can vividly remember sitting in this cute horse rocking away, my little feet on the foot board and my little hands on the bar looking out to where ever I imagined my rocking horse taking me. It's rather strange now for I can only stand on the outside of our rocking horse, look in and remember. My feet are so big I can't even fit one foot in the rocking horse now.

Our rocking horse has a spot now where the next generation of children can occassionally hop in for a ride.

© 2011, copyright Michelle Goodrum

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Thursday Treasure. Like the way you did the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart jumped when I saw that picture - I remember coveting a rocking horse that looked something like that one when I was a little girl. I always wondered why my Dad didn't just build me one - he built me a toy chest that was also a wagon, after all. (Yes, it was spoiled of me to think this way.) Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first, I thought it was a Christmas card. It's in such good condition, I'm glad the younger generation will be able to enjoy it. Great conversation piece too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has it been recently refinished? It does look it great shape! I really like how you finished the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl and Barbara, it is straight out of a few decades in the attic. No refinishing necessary. Fortunately for us, it was the only thing in the attic. lol

    Greta, My dad made my brother a toy chest. He still has it but it was not a wagon.

    Carol, It only took me a couple of hours to figure out how to do the finishing on the picture! Really it's not that hard, now that I know.

    ReplyDelete