|Photo Credit: Boulevardrider|
Are you ever so busy you feel like you are doing the dog paddle trying to stay afloat? That's the way it has been around the Goodrum household the past several months. In a good sort of way. Since I finally have time to come up for air, I figure it's time for an update before all my wonderful readers leave.
Here's the top six reasons, Letterman style, why blogging here at The Turning of Generations has been sparse:
6. Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG) in January. Several hundred avid genealogists descended for an entire week on Salt Lake City to learn from some of the top experts. I took Josh Taylor's, "1780-1840 Out of New England....." and came away with some excellent tools for researching in that time period. I may even be on the verge of a major breakthrough in one of my lines.
5. Income Taxes. Ugh. Nuf said....except....are yours done?
4. ProGen. That's the 18 month program where we study the book Professional Genealogy..... compiled by Elizabeth Shown Mills. Several of the assignments over the last several months have been lengthy and time consuming. As our adult kids would say, intense. Every minute has been worth while. More on ProGen in another post.
3. In-Depth Genealogist. What little blogging and writing I have done has been for The In-Depth Genealogist blog and the "Timeless Territories" monthly column for the Going In-Depth online digital magazine.
2. Continually playing catchup from reason number 1-see below. Laundry, mail, packing, unpacking. UGH.
And the number one reason for not blogging....
Tons of family activities. With 2 college age kids active in a college sport and music, there have been numerous opportunities to see them this year. Finally, with aging parents, there are additional demands and opportunities. I don't want to bore you with TMI, so let's say it's all been great stuff going on.
Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'll have more in upcoming posts. Promise!
URL for this post: http://turning-of-generations.blogspot.com/2013/04/and-she-comes-up-for-air.html
© 2013, copyright Michelle Goodrum