Monday, August 22, 2011

Interlink Your Blog Posts - 31 Weeks to a Better Genealogy Blog

Tonia's assignment for this week is to interlink your blog posts. I love this assignment for two reasons.
  1. Since I tend to write my posts in series, I already use this technique to refer readers back to previous posts in the series.
  2. My post for tomorrow,  The Rest of My Find A Grave Story, is one that I wrote last week and it fulfils all three of the techniques Tonia recommends as ways to add links to your old posts:
    • In post links - This is one that many of us do all the time. Myself included.
    • Updates - That's just what The Rest of My Find A Grave Story is.
    • Further Reading - I'll admit I debated on this one but I went ahead and included links at the end of the article to the previous posts on my little adventure. I wasn't sure if that was a good way or not. Tonia says, "Darren suggests that adding manually-chosen links can be more relevant for the reader." Whew.
Tonia also gives us an extra action item as a way to prepare us for things to come. I can't wait!

© 2011, copyright Michelle Goodrum

No comments:

Post a Comment