Monday, July 26, 2010

Madness Monday - Free Wi-Fi On An Airplane?

This weekend I had one of those first in a lifetime experiences. Hopefully it wasn't a once in a lifetime experience! After settling in for my Alaska Airlines flight, an announcement was made that went something like this:
...we hope you enjoy complementary wi-fi on your flight today. I'll tell you how to use it once we're airborn.
Did I hear correctly? Free wi-fi on an airplane? For once, I actually listened to the flight attendant's announcements! Sure enough I had heard correctly. Out came the laptop. I checked email, read some blogs, wrote a blog post, and started working on an assignment for my latest course with the National Institute of Genealogical Studies. Then suddently it happened, the battery died...

That's Murphy's Law for you. The one time I get on a flight without a fully charged battery...

© 2010, copyright Michelle Goodrum

6 comments:

  1. Sorry Michelle, I shouldn't be laughing. Yep, Murphy's Law. Hum, are you going to Alaska? Well, no matter where, have a great time, and take some pictures to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, I wish I was going to Alaska. It's way cooler there than here in Phoenix! I was just returning home to Phoenix from God's Country in Washington State.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know! I think Virgin America also offers free wi-fi, but I was too distracted with a busy 3 y/o to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle that sounds more like my bad luck than yours! We need to catch up in person when the weather cools down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth - I'm hoping to start seeing free wi-fi on more airlines.

    Amy - When the weather cools down we shall catch up. Can't wait for the weather to cool down...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same thing happened to me on my recent vacation, but my lap top was dead from the start. At least you enjoyed it for little while!

    ReplyDelete