It seems I've unwittingly caused myself a tinsy weensy problem. Back when I set up this blog, I also set up Google Analytics. Now I have found Analytics to be rather gratifying from the standpoint that the reports tell me that people are actually visiting and navigating around this blog. I'm not just writing posts to myself!
The end of May, I decided to switch to a different template and patted myself on the back for successfully switching over. The other day I took a look at Google Analytics for the first time in many weeks only to discover zero traffic! Where did everyone go? After taking a couple of deep breaths I realized that people are still regularly commenting so they must be visiting the site and reading.
After much investigating I realized that I probably know just enough to be dangerous to myself. Apparently there was some HTML code that I inserted in the original template way back when for Google Analytics. I don't exactly know what the code says. The instructions just said where to insert this block of code. So when the switch was made to the new template, the HTML code went away. The code has been replaced and now it looks like there is traffic once again to The Turning of Generations. I hate it when I do things like this! [Sigh]
© 2010, copyright Michelle Goodrum