Monday, May 3, 2010

NGS 2010 - Day 4

Saturday was the last day of the conference and I made a last minute decision to listen to Daniel Lynch's presentation, "Google Your Family Tree."  It was divided into 2 talks and I listened to both.  I already have his book but listening to him speak was a real treat and I learned a lot about Google during those 2 hours.

Before the talk started, I ran across lady who lives in the teeny, tiny town of Tum Tum, Washington, where my grandmother grew up.  Her extended family was pretty much the entire town way back when. This very nice lady knows everyone and numerous descendants of my ancestors still live there.  It was really fun to have the opportunity to talk with her!  What a small world.

I'll have a wrap up posting on my experiences at the conference and some follow-up postings in the coming days.

© 2010, copyright Michelle Goodrum

2 comments:

  1. how cool to run into that lady from Tum Tum. Small world isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tum Tum! I love the name! There must be a story there....

    ReplyDelete