Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Boulder Genealogy Society's Annual Dessert Night

Earlier this month, I was in Boulder, Colorado and it just so happened that the Boulder Genealogical Society was having their monthly meeting while I was in town.  I have been a "long distance" member for many years but had never been to one of their meetings, so I contacted the president and got directions.

Once a year they have Dessert Night.  Members bring lots of yummy goodies to feast on during their meeting.  This particular night they had the meeting in one of the local retirement communities which has a room with a beautiful view of the flatirons that overlook the town of Boulder.  There was some interesting weather that particular evening which made the view even more dramatic.

It was a large meeting and is a very active society.  The group was very warm and welcoming and I had a great time meeting friendly genealogists (are genealogists anything but friendly?).  I have been reading articles written by many of these people in the BGS Quarterly for quite a few years now so it was great to be able to put a face to a name.  I hope I can attend another of their meetings when I am in Boulder again!

© 2010, copyright Michelle Goodrum

2 comments:

  1. Michelle - where do you go to meetings in Arizona? There is one not too far from me but I've never been. I'm in central Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary,
    The Family History Society of Arizona has several chapters that meet every month all over the valley. Check out their website at http://www.fhsa.org/

    If you click on the Chapters tab at the top of the page it will take you to a list. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete