Last night I finished Task A of Organize Your Research! by organizing over 20 "ancestral items". Most of these are items that are being displayed in my home but it occurred to me that I am the only one who knows the story behind the item. So I put a label on the item or a card in or with the artifact telling who it belonged to and any other really important/interesting facts. A couple of the truly older items and those with extensive stories, I photographed for the "Heirloom Book" I have started. Their information is included on it's own page. I'll write more on that in a future post. Bronze Medal.
In the Back Up Your Data! category, I made a complete backup of all the genealogy data and files that have been migrated to my "new" laptop by backing up to MyBookWorld and to an online resource. Bronze Medal.
Total updated medal count:
1. Go Back and City Your Sources! Nothing yet but I WILL be doing something soon.
2. Back Up Your Data! Bronze Medal for completing Task C.
3. Organize Your Research! Bronze Medal for completing Task A.
4. Expand Your Knowledge! Nothing yet
5. Write, Write, Write! Gold Medal for completing Tasks A, C, and E
6. Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness! Gold Medal for completing Tasks A, F, and G.
You know the great thing about these Games? Since some of these tasks can be done over and over, it's a great way to get into a new habit. For example, pre-publishing posts and commenting on new (to me) blogs.
Copyright 2010, Michelle Goodrum